Currently we comply with all relevant environmental legislation. We have listed below how we strive to reduce waste, pollution, carbon impact and environmental impact.
- 75% of our electricity comes from a green source.
- We use low-energy light bulbs as replacements when any of our bulbs fail.
- We recycle all our cardboard, paper, cans, plastic bottles and glass and request that all visiting groups sort their refuse and recycle all these items using the bins provided.
- We only change bedding once a week.
- We strive to make efficient use of paper using e-resources whenever possible including for marketing materials.
- We have reduced the portion sizes served to visiting the school groups to reduce food waste - extra portions are only available on request.
- We endeavour to organise our programmes to minimalise the use of our minibuses.
- All unclaimed clothing etc is recycled through our local charity shops.
- We do not use pesticide or other chemicals harmful to local wildlife on our site.
- We encourage wildlife within the grounds.
- We have planted over 200 native species trees and plan to plant more.
- We provide RSPB approved feeding stations and nest sites throughout our site.
- We encourage sustainable tourism by provision for walkers and cyclists.